These are anxious times with businesses having to undergo the transition to a work-from-home setup. However, as businesses were undergoing this transition, employees were also adjusting to a totally new environment of working. As an employee working from home, you probably never thought you would have added worry about your safety, or the safety of your home and loved ones.
The adoption of remote working has created new security vulnerabilities that many were not prepared to address. These risks are the safety and security of employees and their homes/property. Given the necessity to work from home, employees have had to relocate their offices to their homes. This would mean bringing home equipment such as laptops, monitors, tablets, phones, etc. With that could also bring a greater risk to the safety of our homes and those physical assets due to theft. Additionally, we are now spending a lot more time outdoors, talking walks, riding bikes or playing with children. It is important that we safeguard ourselves, our loved ones, and secure property appropriately.
Role of Home Security Services
Home security services provide solutions that will deliver assistance and peace of mind, without compromising your privacy. The following are some of the services available, and how they can help.
- 24/7 personal emergency response team: These professionals are well-versed in diffusing tense, high-stake scenarios and providing assistance in the event of an emergency. In addition, they are usually the first to respond to a fire or medical emergency, and can contact the appropriate response if necessary.
- Securing your home and belongings: Having round-the-clock surveillance can certainly help to protect your home and belongings while safeguarding your loved ones. However, as an extra precaution, it is also important to keep computer equipment or devices away from windows or open view, so as to not encourage any possible break ins.
- Burglary: Security guards will constantly monitor our homes and the surrounding area. It is a big deterrent to any would be thieves knowing that the property is monitored and there is a higher risk of being caught. In the event of a break-in, the security team would most likely be the first on scene and would swiftly assist with the situation or alert the proper authorities.
- Protect against threats in your vicinity: As in the same vein of patrolling a residence, a security guard presence can safeguard the neighborhood from becoming unsafe and riddled with potentially dangerous criminal activities. It is less likely that criminal behavior will take place when proper security is provided. With a lot more time being spent outdoors, residents need to feel they and their children have a safe, secure community to come home to.
- Apartment Security: Protecting tenants from foreseeable crime is part of a landlord’s responsibility. This means that if preventable violent crime or property theft befalls any tenants while they live on your property, you could be held liable. As such, it is necessary that sufficient security action is taken to prevent such crimes. A security guard for apartment complexes lets tenants know that their safety is being prioritized.
What can you do:
In our current environment, security risks are ever-increasing. Instead of waiting for an incident to occur, you should be proactive to secure your home and your family. Hiring the services of a professional security company to monitor your home or property can help protect from vandalism, break-ins, and even car theft. Particularly during the holidays, having guards monitoring at all times ensures in the knowledge that one feels safe and protected. Unlike electronic surveillance and alarms, security guards provide residents with friendly, human faces within their own community that they know they can turn to for protection.